_DSC3824.JPG

Polish-Jamaican
Tasting Menu

Mateusz A. Zurek & Jahmarley Grant

#LESSWASTELISBOA #POLISHJAMAICANFOOD

 

Menu

Our Tasting Menu is changing all the time and is inspired by fresh ideas, seasonal ingredients, and our deep rooted food traditions. After booking a table, your allergies and other food restrictions will be taken into account to build a customized menu for you.

15 Course Tasting Menu

€130

Polish-Jamaican Tasting Menu 
consisting of:
8 appetizers,
4 main dishes,
and 3 desserts.

10 Course Tasting Menu

€80

Polish-Jamaican Tasting Menu 
consisting of:
5 appetizers,
3 main dishes,
and 2 desserts.

Caviar Tasting Menu

€170

10 Course Polish-Jamaican Tasting Menu with finest Oscietra 6-Star Antonius Caviar from Gosławice (Poland).

Appreciated by top chefs and connoisseurs all over the world. Reed more

Each tasting menus is available in two versions:
Classic / Vegetarian

Our ‘Classic’ menu is comprised of 70% plant based dishes with the remaining 30% of dishes including meat or fish. We aim to use quality products as well as design our menus to be as sustainable as possible.

Bread Service   €7

Check our Wine & Beverage Menu. We have a unique selection of natural wines and sakes, some of which you will only find here!

 
_DSC2344.jpg

The Low Intervention Wine Embassy

While dining you will be able to order from our unique Natural Wine Collection. Don't be alarmed, we stay far away faulty wines. When selecting our wines we choose based on quality, experience, tradition, and environmental impact.

Our dining experience is designed to be enjoyed with low-intervention wines and sakes.

 
IMG_5423_edited_edited.png

Mateusz A. Zurek & Jahmarley Grant

Chefs

The Bywa Team is a Chef duo with unique cultural and culinary backgrounds. Jahmarley with a Jamaican background, grew up in the USA & Canada. Mateusz with his Polish upbringing, raised in a family with strong German roots. Together we pull from a diverse collection of tastes informed by our cultural interpretations. Our culinary inspirations range from Japanese, French, Polish, Jamaican, and even Nordic influences.

We love our food heritage and using our cooking talents to highlight the beauty and elegance of some of our favourite traditional flavours. You will taste a collection of dishes both original and traditionally inspired. We have crafted dishes that combine our cultures in a way that will heighten your senses and curiosity. We present to our version of Polish-Jamaican fusion. Reed more

 

Less-waste Restaurant Philoshophy

Food is something that unites. It’s something that is lovingly grown and nurtured for months before it arrives in our shops and restaurants. It’s a social activity, a comfort, an essential, and a luxury.
LOVE YOUR FOOD. Your food is at its best when it’s on your plate (..). It’s at its worst when it’s in your bin. 

(lovefoodhatewaste)


We’ve been working together as a culinary collective since 2018 and desire to help our Guests explore ways of eating and drinking in a mindful and creative state. We aim to work with the best ingredients available and do our very best to create the least waste possible


Since we’ve realized that zero-waste movement is a utopia, we are focused on developing our Tasting Menu Concept which maximizes quality and minimizes waste. Working with top quality ingredients and reducing food waste by using the totality of our ingredients, along with nurturing direct partnerships with food producers is core to our cuisine.

 

Opening Hours

Tuesday – Saturday

8:00pm to 11:30pm

RESERVATION REQUIRED

 

BYWA Tasting Room

Travessa de São Plácido 52A, 1200-854 Lisboa

+351 96 41 41 030